Former ‘ER’ star Anthony Edwards says Gary Goddard molested him ‘for years’
USA Today by Erin Jensen – November 29, 2017
SANTA BARBARA The actor, now 55, said Goddard, 63, taught him “the value of acting,” and served as a leader for Edwards’ group of friends. Edwards says Goddard also used the void of his emotionally unavailable father to manipulate him.
“Everyone has the need to bond, and I was no exception,” said Edwards. “My vulnerability was exploited. I was molested by Goddard, my best friend was raped by him — and this went on for years. The group of us, the gang, stayed quiet.”
Goddard directed the 1987 live-action He-Man film Masters of the Universe. He later founded the Goddard Group, an entertainment design firm. It produced 2009’s Tony Award-winning revival of the musical Hair as well as several theme-park attractions for Universal Studios and Six Flags.
Celebrity Photographer Terry Richardson Has Been Banned From Top Magazines After Years Of Allegations From Models
Buzzfeed by Mark Di Stefano – October 24, 2017
Terry Richardson has been banned from working with some of the world’s top magazines, including Vogue, GQ, and Vanity Fair, amid debate around sexual harassment and assault allegations that have been levelled against the celebrity photographer over several years, according to reports today.
The Telegraph obtained an email sent to Condé Nast International staff on Monday morning from the company’s executive vice president James Woolhouse that read: “I am writing to you on an important matter. Condé Nast would like to no longer work with the photographer Terry Richardson.”
According to the email, Woolhouse instructed Condé Nast International — the publisher of fashion magazines like Vogue, GQ, Vanity Fair, and Glamour — that all work commissioned for Richardson should be “killed or substituted with other material”.
Corey Feldman Is Crowdfunding a Documentary to Expose Pedophilia in Hollywood
Vulture By Halle Kiefer – October 25, 2017
LOS ANGELES Corey Feldman is calling for an investigation into the sexual abuse of child performers in Hollywood, a problem the Stand by Me actor says is prevalent and industry-wide. He recounted his own molestation, as well as that suffered by his friend Corey Haim, in his 2013 memoir, and in a 2016 Hollywood Reporter interview he said this of the abuse: “Ask anybody in our group of kids at that time: They were passing us back and forth to each other.” Now, in the wake of the sexual-harassment and assault allegations against producer Harvey Weinstein, Feldman has launched the “TRUTH Campaign” in an attempt to expose pedophilia in the entertainment industry with a documentary about his life and his personal experience with abuse. “What I am proposing is a plan that can literally change the entertainment system as we know it,” Feldman says in the campaign announcement video. “I believe that I can also bring down, potentially, a pedophile ring that I have been aware of since I was a child.”
Roy Price’s Alleged Trail of Drinking and Sexual Harassment Challenges Amazon’s Culture
Wall Street Journal by Joe Flint, Ben Fritz and Laura Stevens – November 6, 2017
Amazon.com is legendary for trying to know everything about its customers. When it came to its entertainment unit and the executive in charge there, though, the company appears to have fallen down on the job.
Amazon Studios Chairman Roy Price abruptly resigned in mid-October after details emerged publicly of an alleged incident of sexual harassment. Since then, Amazon has made a series of management changes at the studio to address a range of concerns. Three of Mr. Price’s top lieutenants have been fired or left.
Interviews with current and former executives, as well as with producers who have worked with Amazon Studios, paint a picture of alleged misconduct by Mr. Price that goes well beyond the public allegations that appear to have played a role in his departure. In addition, business troubles were allowed to fester, some of these people said.
Ashley Judd, Mira Sorvino thank Peter Jackson for ‘being honest’ about Weinstein blacklist
Stuff.co by Dani McDonald – December 16, 2017
AUKLAND NEW ZEALAND Two Hollywood actresses have thanked Sir Peter Jackson for speaking out about Harvey Weinstein and his brother, saying they orchestrated a smear campaign that led to him blacklisting them both.
Ashley Judd and Mira Sorvino were responding on Twitter to a Stuff story in which Jackson spoke of the blacklist as a result of the actions of accused sexual predator Weinstein and his brother Bob, describing the pair as “second-rate Mafia bullies”.
Judd and Sorvino have both publicly claimed Weinstein sexual harassed them, and they both missed out on roles in Jackson’s Lord of the Rings films because of what the brothers had said about them.
Terry Crews: ‘Men Need to Hold Other Men Accountable’
Time Magazine by Eliana Dockterman – December 6, 2017
ORANGE COUNTY When dozens of women came forward with sexual assault and harassment allegations against Harvey Weinstein—who has continued to deny all allegations of non-consensual sex—actor Terry Crews noticed that some people on Twitter were skeptical. Crews knows from personal experience how hard it is to experience harassment and muster the courage to speak out: He says he was groped by William Morris Endeavor agent Adam Venit at an industry event in front of his wife. The agency said they suspended and demoted Venit, who declined to comment for this article. He has since returned to work. Crews is now suing Venit and the agency for sexual assault.
Crews—who was recognized as one of the Silence Breakers, TIME’s Person of the Year—realized that men had a responsibility to lend credence and support to these women’s claims. Almost without thinking through the consequences, Crews tweeted out his own story; in his viral series of tweets, he became one of the first men to join the chorus of women speaking out about harassment.
Taylor Swift to Sexual Assault Survivors: ‘Do Not Accept the Blame’
People Magazine by Nick Maslow – December 06, 2017
TIME’s Person of the Year is not just an individual, but a brave group: The Silence Breakers. Taylor Swift is one of those people, appearing on the magazine cover nearly four months after a jury in Denver ruled that a former radio host, David Mueller, assaulted Swift at a concert meet-and-greet event in June 2013.
“Even though awareness is higher than ever about workplace sexual harassment, there are still so many people who feel victimized, afraid and silenced by their abusers and circumstances,” Swift told TIME for the issue. “When the jury found in my favor, the man who sexually assaulted me was court-ordered to give me a symbolic $1. To this day he has not paid me that dollar, and I think that act of defiance is symbolic in itself.”
Mueller sued Swift for defamation after he lost his job — Swift privately reported to Mueller’s radio station that he reached under her skirt and grabbed her rear end — but Swift countersued. “I figured that if he would be brazen enough to assault me under these risky circumstances and high stakes, imagine what he might do to a vulnerable, young artist if given the chance,” she explained to TIME.
2 More Men Accuse Kevin Spacey of Sexual Misconduct: ‘It Was My Word Against His’
People Magazine by Phil Boucher, Patrick Gomez, and Michele Corriston – November 06, 2017
Two more men have come forward accusing Kevin Spacey of sexual misconduct, telling PEOPLE that Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp alleging that Spacey made inappropriate sexual advances towards him when he was just 14 inspired them to go public, too.
A representative for the 58-year-old House of Cards star told PEOPLE that Spacey is “is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment.”
Kris Nixon, a 30-year-old bartender from Belfast, Northern Ireland, says he was working at the Lounge34 cocktail bar in the Waterloo district of London, where Spacey frequented while serving as artistic director of the Old Vic Theatre. (The bar has since closed.)